Bedbugs are tiny ‘blood sucking’ insects that hide in walls, mattresses and fabric crevices to target human beings while they sleep. Their bites can cause severe itching and discomfort to anyone in the household. Bedbugs are flat, reddish-brown, oval insects about 4mm to 5mm long. They become swollen and reddish after feeding on human blood and are generally considered to be one of the hardest bug infestations to get rid of in homes and established properties.
Upon a thorough inspection of your property, PestBusters will carry out treatment against bedbugs in all infested areas and items. Our method of treatment is focused and site specific, targeting the bedbug nesting sites and eggs that we observe during our inspection. After treatment of the house, a high standard of cleanliness must be maintained for long-term management of bedbugs.
Proposed Bedbugs Treatment
- a.DO NOT remove any items from your rooms or property. We will inspect loose items and place them in garbage bags. These should be stored away during the treatment.
- b.Bed linens and pillow slips will be inspected and placed in garbage bags. These must be washed separately in hot water (temperature of 60°C and more for 20 minutes and above).
- c.For property owners, you are required to standby one Engineering/Maintenance staff to open or remove fixtures for thorough inspection.
2. Treatment (Chemical)
- a.PestBusters’ method of treatment is much focused and site specific targeting bedbugs and their eggs which have been observed during our thorough inspection.
- b.We will spot-treat all crevices in the furniture, beds, mattresses, walls, doorframes, window frames etc. with aerosol and our specialized pesticide that is only meant for Bedbugs.
3. Treatment (Non-Chemical)
- a.Superheated Dry Steam Bedbug Eradicator has proven to be an innovative and effective solution to eliminating bed-bugs. The system uses super-heated dry stream treated with the HPMed sanitising liquid, a safe water and alcohol-based solution containing sodium. Steam is generated inside a boiler as in convention steam generators, and is further superheated by a unique delivery nozzle (patented worldwide by Polti) up to a maximum temperature of 180°C, making it an ideal way to eliminate adult bedbugs, as well as larva and eggs. Experiments and in the field tests have demonstrated the effectiveness of the superheated dry steam for the rapid elimination of bedbug infestations.
1. Dry super-heated steam of 180°C.
2. Passes through one or two layers of fabric.
3. Steam velocity does not dislodge bedbugs.
4. Eliminates 100% of the eggs and a very high proportion of the adults in a single treatment.
5. Completely eliminates an infestation after two to three treatments.
- a.Ventilate the area by opening the windows and door for at least 1 hour before resuming normal activity.
- b.For a complete eradication of bedbugs, two or more treatments are recommended. This will be made known to you after our thorough initial inspection of your premises.
- a.Carry out periodic spring cleaning and dispose all unwanted items to reduce clutter and minimize the pest harborage.
- b.DO NOT use second hand furniture.
- c.Getting used clothing and other items from neighbors, thrift stores, sales, flea markets, etc carries a risk of bringing bedbugs into your home.
- d.DO NOT take items left curbside for free.
- e.Consider a periodic Bedbug control preventive maintenance program by our professionally trained PestBusters specialists.
- Lurks in carpets, cracks, crevices and animals (specifically dogs)
- Finds its prey by detecting heat signatures and carbon dioxide emission
- Injects anticoagulants and anesthetics while feeding so as to remain undetected